Gravity Convection Ovens LABORATORY |
SGO SERIES: SGO1 • SGO3 • SGO5
Gravity Convection Ovens | SGO Shellab are recommended for critical scientific and analytical use in laboratory and pilot plant product research. Typical applications include aging, curing, drying, baking, pre-heating, conditioning and life cycle testing. Choose from three cabinet sizes, each with forced-air circulation and reserve heating power for quick recovery after door openings.
- SGO units are engineered for safe, accurate, and uniform performance in demanding laboratory environments.
- Fast ramp-up to 306°C for faster cycle times.
- Temperature range approximately 20°C above ambient to 306°C for multiple applications. Advanced PID temperature control system for sensitive response. Built-in digital timer for automatic operation following manual start. Independent overtemperature set-point and operational control override for additional safety.
- Stainless steel interior construction for long life operation, easy cleaning.
- Forced-air circulation to assure maximum temperature uniformity.
- Triple-wall construction to minimize external surface temperature.
- Stainless steel shelves are adjustable on 0.5″ (12.7mm) centers to provide flexible inventory options.
- Rear access port, 1.75″ diameter (44mm) for independent cables, instrumentation.
- Exhaust port, 1.75″ diameter (44mm), adjustable, with external connection to customer-supplied vent for effluent exhaust if required.
- Internationally certified CAN/CSA, UL, EN, IEC 61010, and compliant with CE
Gravity Convection Ovens | SGO Shellab – Applications:
- Asphalt Testing
- Baking and Curing
- Moisture and Stability Testing
- ASTM, UL, and Life Testing
Gravity Convection Ovens | SGO Shellab – High Temperature Performance
- SGO Series ovens are available in 110-120v, 220-240V, 50/60Hz configurations and achieve temperatures up to 306°C with fast ramp-up and recovery times.
- Heat-Up Rapid heat-up times to 306°C depend on voltage selected. Published heat-up performance is based on a standard cabinet under controlled testing at a 20°C ambient temperature, line voltage ±10% of specified voltage.
- Recovery Upper vents are closed when recovery times following door openings are tested. Published recovery performance is based on a standard cabinet under controlled testing at a (22 ± 3)°C ambient temperature, line voltage ±10% of specified voltage.
Gravity Convection Ovens | SGO Shellab – Control, Timer Program, and Monitoring
The advanced loop PID (proportional, integral, derivative) controller commands proportional power to the heating element to provide the most accurate and responsive control. Each controller is matched to the oven size to assure faster response to setpoint without overshoot, and quicker recovery following door openings. The on-board timer permits programmed dwell cycles with automatic shut-off for custom applications. Indicator lights are included for visual status feedback on critical functions.
Gravity Convection Ovens | SGO Shellab – Integrated Control Panel
All controls are centrally located on the main panel including manual power and timer on/off switches, independent overtemperature control, digital temperature and timer setpoint adjustments, and indicator lights for all functions.