BF35 VISCOMETER | OIL DRILLING AND FRACTURING FLUIDS
AMETEK BROOKFIELD – USA
The BF35 Viscometer | oil drilling and fracturing fluids maintains a constant shear rate and is an accurate and versatile tool for drilling fluid measurements.
The BF35 operates on a different measurement technique than traditional standard Brookfield Viscometers. The sample is placed in the cup and the spindle/chamber combination is then immersed into the sample. When the motor is turned on, the chamber rotates while the spindle remains stationary. When the dial reading becomes stable, the torque reading is recorded and manually converted into a viscosity value in centipoise.
FEATURES & BENEFITS BF35 VISCOMETER | OIL DRILLING AND FRACTURING FLUIDS
- Easy speed changes
- Conventional oilfield rotor, bob and torsion spring
- Adjustable table height to accommodate a variety of beaker/container sizes
- Shear stress values displayed on easy-to-read lighted dial
- Maintains a constant shear rate under varying input power and drilling fluids
- Measures viscosity of drilling muds and fracturing fluids according to established methods from the American Petroleum Institute and the ASTM
SPECIFICATIONS BF35 VISCOMETER | OIL DRILLING AND FRACTURING FLUIDS
|Motor Speeds:||8 fixed (3, 6, 30, 60, 100, 200, 300, 600)|
|Min. Viscosity:||0.5 cP (@600 rpm)|
|Max. Viscosity:||10,000,000 (@0.01 rpm)|
|Speed Accuracy:||0.001 (rpm)|
|Readout:||Direct dial with light|
|Heat Cup:||Stainless steel, 150 Watt, 190°F (88°C) maximum temperature recommended|
|Geometry:||True Couette Coaxial Cylinder|
|Power:||97-250 VAC, 50/60 Hz (12 volt operation requires special cable)|
LEARN ABOUT VISCOSITY
Need help? Our Education section may be just the thing to clarify unfamiliar terms and help start you on your way to a better understanding of viscosity. Learn about viscosity and rheological relationships, Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids, how a Brookfield instrument can help your production process, and much more.
Instrument with F1.0 spring torque
Set of 4 spindles